Our delicious Vanilla Chai rooibos is an all-time favourite, so we asked Helena Cavan, director of The Milestone Detox, to create a fresh new way to enjoy this warming and aromatic brew. Helena's latte recipe is both tasty and filling - the perfect way to start your day!
Equipment: blender, sieve, mug, jug
- Soak almonds in water for at least 6 hours, rinse and sieve (these keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and are a healthy, delicious snack).
- Put the two teabags into your favourite mug, top with boiling water from the kettle and cover with a saucer.
- Put the soaked almonds into your blender jug, nutribullet or hand blender cup.
- Remove the tea bags from your mug and pour the hot tea over the soaked almonds.
- Blend for at least 30 seconds, then pour through a sieve into a jug or bowl - discard or dehydrate the nut piths.
- Add a tiny pinch of (Halen Mon vanilla) salt, if you desire, and 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup.
- For a good froth, add the sieved almond chai to your frothing machine.
- OPTIONAL: For a smoothie, blend for longer and then do not sieve.
Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkles!
There are 40 calories in 1 cup of Almond Milk.
Calorie breakdown: 74% fat, 13% carbs, 14% protein